The IDF wants to keep you up to date on what’s NEW. It may seem like there’s not a lot happening but things have never been more exciting or busier within the IDF.
We have many new projects to announce throughout March, including:
- New Website
- South American Tour announcement (plus 1 or 2 NEW latin event additions!)
- New 2016 promo video produced by Yvon Labarthe of Flying Focus
- Upcoming Annual General Meeting date and info
The most important update is the website migration and membership services. Dutch volunteer, Berry Plasman, in co-operation with the IDF Board has been working for almost 6 months on our new IDF Website.
The website build is complete but while we migrate, we’ve had to put a freeze on new membership. Please be patient, we hope to have membership back online with the launch of the new website around March 12th. At that point we will re-open membership and a few days later we plan to launch registration for the 2016 Asian Tour plus a new spring event in Mexico. Click the ‘events’ tab above for a sneak peak.
Here’s a screen caption of the new site. Read further below to learn about all the new benefits.
Here’s a few words from Berry:
“Since the Federation was founded, the IDF has tried to professionalize the downhill sport step by step. The new website is a huge step forward for our evolution.
The new website will go live in 2 separate phases.
Phase 1 is the website, complete with a new member and event registration system.
Phase 2 will be adding all the past news, reports, rankings and more.
What can you expect on the new website?
- Every IDF member will get a public profile page (unlike the old site, where you had to register separately)
- Upload your own profile photo
- Embed your instagram feed
- Display your sponsors on your profile
- Upload a biography about yourself
- A searchable members list with clickable profile names
- We got rid of that activity timeline (in the sidebar)
- See your membership expiration date on your profile
- Reactivate your membership from your profile page
- A list with all the most Frequently Asked Questions to help you find an answer more easily.”
Keep in mind more in-depth information will be emailed to all members in time for the site launch. To say the least, we are very excited about all of Berry’s (+ Colin + Koma’s) work and to launch the new website.
Get stoked for the biggest and best World Cup Downhill Tour the World has ever seen.